Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sesame Street Cupcake Tower

This weekend I created a mini cupcake tower for Xavier who was turning one. The tower featured 8 dozen mini cupcakes in chocolate and white with fondant circle cutouts. The topper was a Giant Cupcake with a chocolate liner which has quickly become my most popular cake. The Giant cupcake has a gumpaste #1 and an Elmo image. I also added #1 "confetti" (the leftover cutouts from the cupcake toppers).




I also made some simple cookies for favors.



8 comments:

  1. What a cake!! Awesome, and lovely idea with the cookies for party favours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this!! Any fondant tips? I've never done fondant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The giant cupcake thing fascinates me. Must attempt it one day when I'm feeling brave :) Love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! There is nothing to be afraid of. A few easy steps and you're done. If you need any help at all just let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww.... I love baby elmo cakes. You did an outstanding job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing, I love the first picture, is very nice.
    Thanks for share your work, is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks so nice, it is a great cake for a kid, you gave me a great idea.

    ReplyDelete